The world of orthodontics is changing. Now, when a patient needs straighter teeth, they may not necessarily need to turn to traditional metal braces. There are alternatives, such as Invisalign, that make it possible to straight teeth effectively and create a happier smile without visible braces or food restrictions.
Invisalign has quickly become the most popular choice for mild to moderate orthodontic challenges. Dr. Russell Cureton in Salinas is highly trained in Invisalign technology and can provide you with the aligners you need to love your smile again. Call today at (831) 449-8363 to get started.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative to metal braces that assists with mild to moderate crooked teeth, crowded teeth, overbites, underbites, gapped teeth, and crossbites. It uses a series of almost 100% clear hard plastic aligners that move teeth gradually. Every two weeks you switch to a new aligner.
By the time your series is done – which usually takes between 6 months and 18 months depending on the severity – you’ll have achieved a straighter smile that you can be proud of.
Benefits of Invisalign Over Metal Braces
The primary benefit of Invisalign over traditional metal braces is that, as a clear plastic mold, Invisalign is extremely discreet. There is no need to hide your smile, and most people will not notice that you are wearing anything on your teeth. It is great for teens that prefer not to have braces in school, and it’s a great choice for adults that want to maintain their professionalism in the workplace.
Yet there are other benefits as well that make Invisalign such a popular choice, including:
- No Food Restrictions – You can take Invisalign out when eating, which makes it possible to eat essentially any type of food providing you clean your teeth after.
- No Cuts/Scrapes – Metal braces have a tendency to scrape the inside of the lips, leading to pain and discomfort. Invisalign is smooth, and will not scrape your mouth.
- Easy to Brush/Floss – Dental hygiene is much easier with Invisalign, as the aligners can be taken out to clean your teeth.
The clarity of the aligners may be what draws patients in Salinas to Invisalign, but there are additional benefits that often make it the best choice for your orthodontic needs.
Why Choose Dr. Cureton for Invisalign?
Only a few family dentists are trained in Invisalign. Often, patients are referred out to orthodontists. But Dr. Cureton has received advanced training with Invisalign prescriptions, and his cosmetic dentistry expertise means that you can trust you’ll love your final smile.
You can still see an orthodontist. But there are many benefits to choosing a general dentist as your Invisalign provider, including:
- Monitoring of Dental Health – Traditionally, orthodontists only straighten teeth, and you’re tasked with visiting your general dentist to see if you have cavities or signs of degradation. But because Dr. Cureton is both a general and Invisalign dentist, he can monitor your teeth and gums to make sure your smile is healthy.
- Dentist You Enjoy – Dr. Cureton loves his patients, and many of his patients love his work. Instead of being sent to a new dentist who's office you have to adapt to, you can stay with Dr. Cureton and be familiar with his staff and services.
- Better Efficiency – If you run into a dental problem of any kind, you’ll be with both your general and your Invisalign dentist at once. Dr. Cureton doesn’t have to coordinate with any other dentist, as he can work with you on making sure your teeth and gums are as healthy as possible.
You also do not need to remember another office, and you’ll already be here to schedule your hygienic appointments as well. It’s more convenient, and keeps you with the people you trust to care for you.
If you are considering Invisalign in Salinas – or anywhere in Monterey County – contact Dr. Cureton today for an appointment. Our team will make sure that you’re a candidate and then talk to you about costs and next steps.